Policy on Clinical Faculty Appointments
Please review the Faculty of Medicine Policy on Clinical Faculty Appointments.
Here are the Advantages of Clinical Faculty Appointment.
An initial appointment requires a completed application form, payment instructions form and letter of recommendation from the Site Director, Program Director or Regional Associate Dean.
In order to find out who your site director would be, please contact Ara Silva at 604 827 1797 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A full review for purposes of promotion shall normally be held every three years. We strongly recommend that you review the Department of Family Practice Clinical Faculty Appointment and Promotions Committee Terms of Reference. In particular, review Section 2 (General Description of Criteria), Section 3 (Description of Academic Ranks).
These applications are reviewed by the Departmental Clinical Faculty Appointments and Promotion Committee (DCFAPC), and if approved recommendations are sent to the Dean who in turn recommends to the President and eventually the Board of Governors. The Committee meets in person or by teleconference in a series of meetings in the Spring and in the Fall. The deadlines for application for promotion are March 30 and September 30.
The following forms are to be submitted to the Site Program Assistant when applying for a promotion:
- Completed Application Form for promotion (see clinical ranks below)
- Completed and initialed FoM Abbreviated CV (v.Dec2012)
- A letter expressing your interest in promotion (include any additional background that you feel provides evidence of meeting the criteria at the new rank)
- Copies of student evaluations from past teaching years
- Promotion criteria checklist signed by the recommender
- A letter of recommendation from the Site Director, Program Director or Regional Associate Dean. Two (2) letters are required for the application of Clinical Associate Professor and Clinical Professor. See Guidelines for Letter of Reference
Appointment and Promotion Forms
Clinical Assistant Professor
- Application Form: Clinical Assistant Professor
- Application Form: Clinical Assistant Professor – Research
Clinical Associate Professor
- Application Form: Clinical Associate Professor
- Application Form: Clinical Associate Professor – Research
- Application Form: Clinical Professor
For further information on clinical appointments, reappointment and promotions, please contact:
Clinical Faculty Coordinator
Department of Family Practice, UBC
320 – 5950 University Boulevard
Vancouver BC V6T 1Z6
Tel 604 827 1797